Annual Retiree Appreciation Weekend May 18-19
By Senior Airman Daniel Brosam, 341st Missile Wing Public Affairs
/ Published April 19, 2018
MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, Mont. --
Malmstrom’s yearly Retiree Appreciation Weekend will take place May 18-19 with events, information booths and specially-opened base services.
Retirees and their guests should RSVP to Victoria Plank, 341st Force Support Squadron Casualty Assistance representative, by phone at 731-2911. RSVPs are requested before May 7 to attend.
At 4 p.m., Friday, May 18, a retreat ceremony will begin at the base’s Medal of Honor Park followed by a no-host social at 5 p.m. at the Grizzly Bend. The ceremony will be held at the base auditorium in the case of inclement weather.
Saturday will kick off with a mixer at the chapel from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Multiple agencies will be on hand at the base auditorium, Building 1156, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., where attendees can learn about survivor benefits and equal employment opportunities.
There will be representatives from the veterans servicing office, the Red Cross, the legal office and the Airman and Family Readiness Center.
Financial information provided by a first command representative, and community support coordinator will be present, and guests are invited to take a tour of the base museum.
The base clinic will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to offer the following services:
• Family practice – Vital sign screening and health education
• Mental health – Giveaways and educational information
• Pharmacy – Refill pickups, questions and counseling
• Dental – X-rays and exams
• TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration
• TRICARE referral and claims questions
• Physical therapy – Balance testing and education
• Immunizations – Routine vaccinations (bring shot records)
• Optometry – Eye exams and eye glass adjustments (limited availability due to staffing)
The ID card/Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) section at Building 1191, Military Personnel Section, will be available to individuals who RSVP.
The weekend will conclude with a free retiree appreciation lunch at the Grizzly Bend from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for those who attended the information fair.
There is ample parking at all buildings to include marked handicap spots. No special parking passes are needed.