Procedures outlined for gaining entry to MAFB|
by Tech. Sgt. Joseph Feigel
341st Security Forces Squadron NCOIC, DBIDS
5/18/2012 - MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, Mont. -- Summer usually brings an increase in off-base visitors attending on-base functions. To assist off-base visitors, the following are the requirements for Installation entry:
For those individuals denied entry, a request may be submitted to the 341st Mission Support Group commander for consideration. Questions or concerns about these processes should be directed to Pass and Registration at 731-6555 or 731-3221.
- Civilians participating in recurring, special installation sponsored events (i.e., college, softball tournaments, Boy Scouts) and large numbers of visitors for single day events (i.e., birthday parties, weddings, retirement ceremonies) will be sponsored by a guest list.
- The sponsor must submit an entry authorization request memorandum to the Pass and Registration Office. The memorandum will include the name of the team participating, member's and parent's/sponsor/vehicle drivers names for those under 16, the duration/dates of the event and the sponsors information.
- For those 16 years old and older, full name, date of birth, driver's license number with state of issue and social security number are required. This information will be used to run a criminal background check. Individuals with a criminal history will be denied entry.
- The sponsor of the event will submit this memorandum five days prior to the event(s) to allow for processing. In addition, all names will be verified against the Suspension, Revocation and Barment listing.
- Once all actions are complete, the memorandum will be signed by Pass and Registration and forwarded to the appropriate gate(s) and the Visitor Control Center. Those personnel listed on the memorandum will be allowed entry upon presentation of a valid identification (16 and older) without having to process through the Visitor Control Center.
- Any individual not listed on the entry authorization list must process through the Visitor Control Center and obtain a visitors pass. The request for entry must come from someone who has sponsorship privileges on Malmstrom.