12/4/2009 - (AFPC) -- Air Force Instruction 36-3003, Military Leave Program, dated 26 October 2009 is approved and posted on the AF Publishing site at http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/.
While the AFI has many changes, the most significant items are listed below:
1. Para 4.3.1 allows commanders to delegate disapproval authority for
ordinary leave to first line supervisors.
2. Para 6.8.3 adds guidance for involuntary excess leave for officers.
3. Para 8.4.3 allows members to use a special pass in conjunction with
leave without a duty day in between. It also clarifies leave may be taken
before or after the special pass, but not before and after the special pass.
4. It allows commanders the use of permissive temporary duty to officiate a
retirement when appropriated funds are not available.
5. Table 7, Rule 47 allows Airmen the option of requesting PTDY as an
applicant of a qualifying child adoption.
6. Table 7, Rule 48 allows paternity leave for members whose wives give
birth to a child on or after Oct. 14, 2008.
7. Chapter 15 provides guidance for the Post Deployment Mobilization
Respite Absence Program.