Stay safe on Independence Day with these tips
Malmstrom Fire & Emergency Services Flight
/ Published June 26, 2018
MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, Mont. -- The 341st Civil Engineer Squadron Fire and Emergency Services Flight wishes everyone a safe and joyous Independence Day. If you are using fireworks please comply with the following safety tips:
• Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
• Only use fireworks in authorized areas.
• Remember, fireworks are not approved for use anywhere on Malmstrom Air Force Base without prior approval of the 341st Missile Wing commander.
• Know your fireworks. Read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
• A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
• Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
• Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
• Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
• Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area and on hard surfaces away from buildings and vehicles.
• Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
• Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
• Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers.
• Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.