Colonel Jeremy N. Hooper is commander, 341st Medical Group, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana. The medical group is comprised of two squadrons, the 341st Medical Operations Squadron and the 341st Medical Support Squadron. The medical group has more than 220 military, civilian and contract personnel, serving a direct-care population of approximately 10,000 and an area catchment of 15,000 beneficiaries.
Shortly after graduating from college, Colonel Hooper received a direct commission into the Medical Service Corps in December 1999. He has held numerous positions with the Air Force Medical Service to include Patient Administration positions, Logistics Flight Commander, Clinic Administrator and Executive Officer to the Assistant Surgeon General for Medical Force Development. Colonel Hooper has deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom as a Medical Logistics Officer.
1997 Bachelor of Science degree in biology, Delta State University, Miss.
1999 Master’s Degree in business administration, Delta State University, Miss.
2000 Health Service Administration Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
1. January 2000 – October 2001, Chief Beneficiary Support, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
2. October 2001 – April 2002, Group Executive Officer, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
3. April 2003 – February 2003, Flight Commander, Resource Management, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. February 2003 – February 2004, Flight Commander, TRICARE, Charleston AFB, S.C.
5. February 2004 – February 2006, Flight Commander, Medical Logistics, Charleston AFB, S.C.
6. February 2006 – July 2007, Executive Officer to Assistant Surgeon General Medical Force Development,
Bolling AFB, D.C.
7. July 2007 – August 2008, Chief Expeditionary Medical Logistics, Bolling AFB, D.C.
8. August 2008 – July 2009, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. July 2009 – June 2012, Flight Commander, Medical Logistics, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
10. June 2012 – July 2014 – Administrator, Minot AFB, N.D.
11. July 2014 – July 2016, Commander, Medical Support Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
12. July 2016 – June 2018, Commander, Medical Support Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. June 2018 – Present, Commander, 341st Medical Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. September 2010 – April 2011, Medical Logistics Officer, CJTF-101 Surgeon Cell, Regional Command – East, Bagram, Afghanistan, as a major
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant Dec. 18, 1999
Captain Dec. 18, 2001
Major Sept. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2011
Colonel Jan. 1, 2018
(Current as of June 2018)