Air Force Aid Society
AFAS is a nonprofit organization that provides emergency financial assistance through loans and grants.
AFAS can assist with:
· Emergency Medical Travel Expenses
· Car Repair
· Unexpected Medical Expenses
Relocation program assists single and married service members and their families in preparing for relocation and adjusting to life upon their arrival at their new installation
Relocation can assist with:
· Information pertaining to your new installation.
· Preparing for Move (Smooth Move)
· Integrating at a new installation (Right Start)
· Becoming familiar with state and local information
Exceptional Family Member Program
EFMP is a mandatory enrollment program that works with other military and civilian agencies to provide comprehensive and coordinated community support, housing, medical, educational and personnel services to families with special needs.
· Bridge gap between community services and military members
· Educate and inform community of military special needs populations
· Coordinate with EFMP-Medical to provide referrals for services
· Provides groups and workshops that encourages community support and inspires networking among peers
Military Family Life Consultant
Military Family Life Consultants provide short-term, situational, problem-solving counseling to service members and their families.
MFLC's can provide:
· Anger management
· Conflict resolution
· Parenting communication
· Relationship issues
· Decision-making skills
· Productivity at work
· Deployment stress coping skills
· Relocation adjustment
· Building resiliency
· Reintegration: warrior to citizen
Transition Assistance Program
If you are within one year of separating or two years of retiring, the TAP program is essential for both the service member and their families.
· Transition counseling
· Career planning
· Job search skills
· Resume writing
· VA benefit information and employment resources
Personal and Family Readiness
With the help of the Personal and Family Readiness Program, you can acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully plan and prepare for mission required separations and have an awareness of available resources and support networks.
Readiness program provides:
· Morale calls
· Library of literature
· Deployment activities
· Briefings and classes
· Pre-deployment, deployment and reunion sessions
Casualty Affairs Program
The Casualty Affairs Representative provides prompt reporting, dignified and humane notifications, and compassionate assistance to family members.
· Casualty reporting/notification/assistance
· Survivor Benefit Plan
· Servicemember's Group Life Insurance
· Traumatic Servicemembers Group Life Insurance
· Veteran's Group Life Insurance
Personal Financial Readiness
Meeting financial obligations and goals is a common objective of every individual. Certified financial counselors can offer solutions to financial problems and encourage a proactive approach to financial well-being.
Personal Financial Readiness offers:
· Investment education
· Buying/selling a home
· Credit report review
· Identity theft
· Debt elimination,
· Analysis of financial status
· Financial planning for deployment or remote tours
School Liaison Program
The School Liaison Officer connects schools, families and the Malmstrom community together to address the educational needs of military children.
School Liaison Officers:
· Act as a point of contact for military school related matters
· K-12 information (public, private and home school support)
· Offers classes on military child dducation issues
· Provides current contact information for military liaisons across the globe
Career Focus Program
Through the career focus program you can learn the skills and techniques required for a successful job search
Career Focus Program can assist with:
· Identifying skills and interests
· Planning a career
· Improving job search skills
· Resume writing
· Interview techniques
· Increasing opportunities for employment or career change
The A&FRC offers information on various volunteer opportunities
Air Force Families Forever Program
Air Force Families Forever (AFFF) is a long term aftercare program established to provide proactive outreach to family member who have lost a loved one that was, at the time of death, serving on Active Duty in the United States Air Force.
Contact the A&FRC for points of contact for those qualified to be part of the program