Colonel Peter M. Bonetti is Vice Commander, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana. The wing's 4,000 personnel defend the United States with combat-ready Airmen and nuclear forces. They are responsible for base support, maintenance, security and operation of Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles located throughout a 13,800 square-mile complex in central Montana.
Colonel Bonetti entered the Air Force in 1988 and received his commission in 1995 through the Air Force Officer Training School. He has served in a variety of positions within missile and space launch operations, including crew commander, instructor, senior evaluator, flight commander and executive officer. His staff assignments include United States Africa Command, Headquarters Air Force and Air Force Space Command. He was selected for multiple Air Force intern programs. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Bonetti was the deputy director of the Resources and Assessments Directorate, United States Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany.
1993 Bachelor of Science degree, University of Southern Illinois, Carbondale, Ill.
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.
2002 Master’s Degree in organizational management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2015 Master’s Degree in national resource strategy, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1988 – November 1988, trainee, basic military training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1988 – January 1989, medical admin specialist trainee, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. November 1989 – August 1990, orderly room clerk, 380th Strategic Hospital, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
4. August 1990 – December 1991, operations and training coordinator, 380th Strategic Hospital, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
5. December 1991 – June 1993, medical resource management technician, 380th Strategic Hospital, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
6. June 1993 – January 1995, NCOIC, medical information systems, 380th Strategic Hospital, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
7. January 1995 – March 1995, student, officer training school, 24th Training Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. March 1995 – November 1995, student, missile combat crew, initial qualification training, 392nd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
9. November 1995 – July 1996, deputy missile combat crew instructor, alternate command post, 742nd Missile Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
10. July 1996 – June 1997, instructor, operations training, 91st Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
11. June 1997 – April 1998, missile combat crew commander, alternate command post, 742nd Missile Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
12. April 1998 – April 1999, chief, operations training requirements, 91st Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
13. April 1999 – April 2000, senior instructor, missile combat crew, Minuteman III ICBM, 91st Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
14. April 2000 – June 2001, intern, Air Force Intern Program, Strategy, Concepts and Doctrine Division, Pentagon
15. June 2001 – July 2002, intern, Air Force Intern Program, Office of the Secretary of Defense for Strategy, Pentagon
16. July 2002 – April 2003, Crew Commander, Space Operations Center, 20th Space Control Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
17. April 2003 – June 2005, Flight Commander, Operations Support Flight, 20th Space Control Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
18. June 2005 – August 2006, Executive Officer, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Analyses, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
19. August 2006 – November 2006, Chief, Space Superiority Program, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Analyses, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
20. November 2006 – May 2007, Speechwriter, Commander’s Action Group, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
21. May 2007 – June 2009, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, AFSPC, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
22. June 2009 – July 2011, Commander, 10th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
23. July 2011 – July 2014, Deputy Chief, Space Forces Requirements Division, Pentagon
24. July 2014 – July 2015, student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
25. July 2015 – July 2017, Deputy Director, Resources and Assessments, United States Africa Command, Kelley Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany
26. July 2017 – present, Vice Commander, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with 'N' Device and oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant March 17, 1995
First Lieutenant March 17, 1997
Captain March 17, 1999
Major June 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2009
Colonel June 1, 2015
(Current as of September 2017)