Colonel Marcus K. Glenn is Commander, 341st Mission Support Group, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana. As commander, he provides critical war-fighting and peacetime support to the 341st Missile Wing. The group supports 43 units, including tenants, engineering and construction, contracting services, disaster preparedness, personnel administration, communication services, recreation facilities, dining/lodging services, transportation services and worldwide contingency mobility forces.
Colonel Glenn is a 2017 graduate of the Air War College. He has served and led in a variety of assignments to include squadron command, deputy group command, Minuteman III ICBM deputy instructor, B-52 wing weapons officer, B-52 squadron director of operations in Operation Enduring Freedom, 2nd Bomb Wing executive officer, and chief of international electronic warfare programs for Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs. Colonel Glenn has experience as an operational B-52 weapons instructor at the squadron, group and wing level. In 2010, he led the U.S. Army OEF electronic warfare enterprise as the U.S. Forces – Afghanistan, command electronic warfare officer. Colonel Glenn has authored two Air Force Chief of Staff level export policies titled USAF EW Export Baseline and USAF Directed Infrared Countermeasures Export Baseline. He was the principle F-15SA defensive system briefer to the Royal Saudi Air Force commander for the largest foreign military sale in U.S. history worth $29 billion.
1995 Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Science degree in information systems management, Central Michigan University, Mich.
2004 USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Air War College, by correspondence
2017 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. May 1995 – February 1996, Student, Undergraduate Missile Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calf.
2. February 1996 – June 1997, MM III Deputy Combat Crew Commander, 319th Missile Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
3. June 1997 – December 1997, Instructor Deputy Combat Crew Commander, 90th Operations Support Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
4. December 1997 – March 1999, Student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, VT-4, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fla.
5. March 1999 – October 1999, Student, B-52 Combat Crew Training, 11th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. October 1999 – January 2001, B-52 Electronic Warfare Officer, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
7. January 2001 – December 2001, Life Support Assistant Flight Commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
8. December 2001 – March 2002, B-52 Instructor, Life Support Flight Commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
9. March 2002 – July 2003, B-52 Flight Evaluator, Life Support Flight Commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
10. July 2003 – January 2004, B-52 Flight Evaluator, Weapon System Trainer Flight Commander, 5th Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
11. January 2004 – July 2004, Student, Weapon Instructor Course, 340th Weapons School, Barksdale AFB, La.
12. July 2004 – July 2005, B-52 Weapons Officer, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
13. July 2005 – July 2006, Chief of Wing Weapons and Tactics, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
14. July 2006 – April 2007, Assistant Operations Officer, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. April 2007 – June 2008, Wing Executive Officer, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
16. June 2008 – June 2009, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. June 2009 – November 2011, Chief, International Electronic Warfare Programs, USAF HQ, Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, Pentagon, D.C.
18. November 2011 – May 2013, Director of Operations, 16th Electronic Warfare Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
19. June 2013 – May 2015, Commander, 16th Electronic Warfare Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
20. May 2015 – June 2016, Deputy Commander, 53rd Electronic Warfare Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
21. June 2016 – May 2017, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
22. June 2017 – present, Commander, 341st Mission Support Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
Rating: Senior Navigator
Combat Flight Hours: 363
Flight Hours: More than 1,800
Aircraft Flown: T-34, T-1, and B-52H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 12, 1995
First Lieutenant May 12, 1997
Captain May 12, 1999
Major June 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2010
Colonel Aug. 1, 2016
(Current as of July 2017)