|COLONEL JOHN T. WILCOX II|
Colonel John T. Wilcox II is Commander, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont. The wing's 4,000 personnel defend the United States with combat-ready Airmen and nuclear forces. They are responsible for base support, maintenance, security and operation of 150 Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM) located throughout a 13,800 square-mile complex in central Montana.
Colonel Wilcox earned his commission as a distinguished graduate from the Reserve Officer Training Program at Louisiana Tech University in 1991. He is a career security forces officer and has served in a variety of operational assignments, including squadron and group command. Colonel Wilcox served in staff assignments at major command, Air Staff and Office of the Secretary of Defense levels. In 2008, he completed a 365-day deployment to Baghdad, Iraq, as the Deputy Director and Director of the Multi-National Force-Iraq Combined Joint Operations (CJ3) Protection Division.
1991 Bachelor of Science Degree in human resource management, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, La.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Military Art and Science degree, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
2010 Master of Strategic Studies degree, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1. December 1992 - April 1995, Flight Leader, Officer in Charge Missile Response Force Branch and Missile Support Branch, later, Convoy Commander, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2. June 1995 - June 1996, Officer in Charge of Air Base Defense/Security Forces Training, Osan AB, South Korea
3. June 1996 - November 1998, Shift Commander, later, Squadron Section Commander, Barksdale AFB, La.
4. November 1998 - December 2000, Operations Officer, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. January 2001 - July 2003, Chief, Security Forces Inspections, Air Combat Command Inspector General, Langley AFB, Va.
6. August 2003 - June 2004, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 2004 - June 2006, Commander, 2nd Security Forces Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
8. July 2006 - October 2007, Chief, Nuclear and Physical Security Policy, Security Forces Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. October 2007 - October 2008, Deputy Director, later, Director, Protection, Combined Joint Operations, Multi-National Force-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq
10. October 2008 - July 2009, Chief, Manpower, Security Forces Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2009 - June 2010, Student, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
12. July 2010 - July 2011, Deputy Director, Nuclear Safety, Security and Response, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Defense Programs, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2011 - July 2013, Commander, 90th Security Forces Group, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
14. July 2013 - March 2014, Director, Security Forces Division, Directorate of Installations and Logistics, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. March 2014 - Present, Commander, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. October 2007 -- October 2008, Deputy Director, later, Director, Protection, Combined Joint Operations, Multi-National Force-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq as a lieutenant colonel
2. July 2010 - July 2011, Deputy Director, Nuclear Safety, Security and Response, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Defense Programs, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. as a colonel (frocked)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, May 1992
First Lieutenant, May 1994
Captain, May 1996
Major, November 2002
Lieutenant Colonel, December 2006
Colonel, September 2011
(Current as of March 2014)